PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)

От Chris Ruprecht
Тема PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)
Дата
[Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)  (Russ McBride <Russ@psyex.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I got postgres 7.1.3 to compile for the most part, there are a few
libs which didn't make it, but I don't think they are part of the
problem.
After installing everything I did the initdb which worked just fine.
I got the postmaster up just fine, too. Then, when I tried 'createdb
msms' I got an error that the backend has disconnected - the
postmaster was still up though.
When I tried again, I got messages that the directory I was trying to
create already existed. I tried this a few times to no avail.
I also tried this with the postgres.pkg (sort of what an rpm is for
RedHat Linux) file which I installed before I went to compile
everything myself.

I currently have the drive formatted with the Apple HFS+ filesystem,
I'm not sure if it would make a difference if I would format that
with UFS. I have a spare 10 GB drive and I'm willing to put myself
though 10 hours of installation vows ... any hints?

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre